What are you doing for password management? Most people have poor password management habits. Maybe you don’t. But somebody in your organisation does, and that’s a serious risk. Our job is to help you secure your IT environment, and password management is part of that.
The £88,000 number consists of things like lost business, fines and penalties, PR costs, reputation damage, higher insurance premiums, increased staffing & security consulting.
Employees are the weak link in cyber security. They are responsible for 54% of breaches.
● Most employees use passwords that are not secure
● They reuse these passwords across multiple platforms
● Poor passwords are the easiest way for a hacker to gain access to sensitive data.
● 63% of breaches involved weak, default or stolen passwords
● Let’s look at some of these stats:
– The average data breach costs SMBs over 100k
– The most commonly used passwords are ridiculous
– 70% of hacks target SMBs
● If you haven’t had a data breach this year, you probably had one last year. That’s how
common this occurs. In fact, 61% of SMBs had a breach in the past 12 months.