As the tasks we rely on the Internet for grow, so does the risk of cyber security threats and we are seeing more and more SME’s without the managed services in place to prevent and protect any attacks.
Here are twenty stats you can worry over if you need help convincing that you should be leveraging managed services for protection and prevention.
1. Worldwide cyber security spending will reach $96 billion by the end of 2018 (source).
2. Over 260 million records containing sensitive information have been compromised in the first four months of 2018 (source).
3. While the time it takes to detect an attack varies from company to company, on average it takes over 200 days to detect a breach (source).
4. Almost a quarter of cybersecurity professionals (23 percent) assess the probability of future attacks to their organization as very or extremely likely (source).
5. Cybercrime damages will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021 (source).
6. 54 percent of organizations experienced one or more ransomware incident in 2017 (source).
7. In 2017, the average ransom payment grew to $3,675 per ransom (source).
8. 81 percent of organizations claim that negligent or careless employees are the top risk to endpoint security (source).
9. In 2015, 3.3 million mobile apps were classified as malware (source).
10. 85 percent of enterprises are now using sensitive data in the cloud, up from 54 percent in 2015 (source).
11. On average, 9.3 percent of documents shared externally in the cloud contain sensitive content (source).
12. In 2016, 64 percent of patient medical files were successfully targeted by cybercriminals (source).
13. 80 percent of small medical practices are unconfident that their mobile devices are HIPAA compliant (source).
Backup And Disaster Recovery (BDR)
BDR has become a must-have solution for all businesses, yet many still hesitate to adopt it. Use these stats to convince clients and prospects that there’s a dire need for your BDR solution and business continuity services.
14. Every week 140,000 hard drives crash in the United States (source).
15. A simple drive recovery can cost upwards of $7,500 and success is not guaranteed (source).
16. 44 percent of businesses estimate they could lose $10,000 or more during an hour of downtime (source).
17. 60 percent of businesses will go out of business within six months of a data disaster (source).
18. Human error was responsible for 23 percent of data loss incidents in 2016 (source).
19. 58 percent of SMBs say they test their disaster recovery plan just once a year or less, while 33 percent say they test infrequently or never at all (source).
20. By 2020 the world will need to defend 50 times more data than it does today (source).
Partnering with a Managed IT Services Provider is one of the best ways businesses can protect themselves against the growing cyber security threat landscape. Get in touch to discuss how vIT4u can help you to to be protected.